- This event has passed.
Missoula Energy Tour on April 24th
Apr 24, 2013 @ 1:30 pm - 7:00 pm
Register HERE and join us to learn about energy conservation and small scale renewable energy technologies on display during an AERO energy tour on Wednesday, April 24, in Missoula. The tour, hosted by the Alternative Energy Resources Organization (AERO), will visit a municipal structure, two residences, and a solar greenhouse at the University of Montana.
The tour begins at the new downtown parking garage (designed by MMW Architects), which now hosts the state’s largest solar array – an 85 kW system installed by Sunelco of Hamilton, MT. We’ll then visit two residences featuring energy conservation and efficiency measures (by energetechs) and a grid-tied solar system (by SBS-Solar). We’ll conclude at the University with a short financing seminar from a Montana DEQ representative to introduce participants to the grants, loans, and tax incentives available for energy projects, before touring the site’s new solar greenhouse. Renewable energy dealers and installers will be on hand to talk about specifics.
FREE for AERO members; $10 for non-members. Register HERE.
- Sign-in (coffee, hot chocolate, tea & cookies!): 1:30 – 2:00 on top of parking garage, corner of Pattee & Front Streets;
- Tour starts promptly at 2:00;
- Smith residence at 2025 Kensington Ave (approx. 3:00 – 4:00);
- Hellem residence at 1115 Margaret St (approx. 4:00 – 5:00);
- Solar greenhouse, DEQ Energy Financing Options overview, and complimentary meals at Food Zoo at UM next to Lommasson Center (approx. 5:15 – 6:30)
- Bus available to take participants back to downtown parking garage (6:30 – 7:00)
A chartered bus will be available to transport participants throughout the tour (and back to the downtown parking garage at the tour’s end).
Register by clicking HERE.